Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

a perfectly minty addition to the holidays!
Ingredients:
  1. 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  2. 1 1/2 cups sugar
  3. 2 eggs
  4. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  5. 1 tsp peppermint extract
  6. 2 cups all purpose flour
  7. 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  8. 3/4 tsp baking soda
  9. 1/4 tsp salt
  10. 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
  11. 1/2 cup candy cane pieces *Another option: I used Andes Peppermint Baking Chips instead of candy cane pieces.  These are in baking aisle during holidays. (I only needed about 1/4 cup.)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Beat butter and sugar, then add eggs, vanilla and peppermint and beat until light and fluffy.
  3. In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until well combined.
  5. Stir in chocolate chunks.
  6. Use cookie scoop (I used medium-sized scoop) to drop cookies onto ungreased baking sheet.  (This made about 3 dozen cookies.)
  7. Press candy cane pieces/chips on top.
  8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. (I baked for 10.)
  9. Cool slightly then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
*www.apumpkinandaprincess.com