Monday, October 3, 2016

Roasted Greek Potatoes with Feta and Lemon



Ingredients:
4 cups potatoes, 3/4" cubes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I used garlic infused.)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/2 cup feta cheese, chopped/crumbled
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I didn't have a lemon so I used 1 drop of lemon essential oil.)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped 

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with oil. (I lined my baking sheet with foil and used cooking spray to grease the foil.)
  2. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread out on baking sheet and bake until potatoes are tender, about 30-35 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, marinate the feta in the lemon juice and parsley. (Before cleaning the large bowl I used to toss the potatoes, I put the half cup of feta (and lemon and parsley) into the bowl, so it was coated in the leftover oil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. 
  4. Remove from oven and toss the potatoes with the lemony feta right on the pan; cook 5 more minutes. (Instead, I turned my oven on broil for a few minutes.)  Serve immediately.

*www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com