If I haven't convinced you to get a Vitamix yet,
get one for this soup!
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 16 oz. bag of baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 32 oz. box low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth or stock
- (*I added 1 tablespoon half and half)
1. In a medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
2. Add the carrots, ginger, salt, and broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the carrots are fork-tender.
3. Puree the soup in a blender (VITAMIX!!!) or with a hand blender until creamy and smooth. Add salt to taste if necessary.
4. Serve, topped with a dollop of yogurt, sour cream, or crème fraîche if desired.