- 3 lbs. chuck roast, fat trimmed and cut into large chunks
- ½ medium white onion, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (add 1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce if you like it spicy) (For a kid-friendly version, I only used one chipotle chile and also seeded it.)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Toppings: cilantro, cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, limes
- Your favorite soft flour tortillas
1. Place the chunks of roast in a 6-8 quart slow cooker.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients (onion through beef broth) to a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour over meat and top with the bay leaves. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or until meat starts to fall apart.
4. Remove bay leaves and shred meat with two forks and then return to the juices in the slow cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon onto tortillas. Top with favorite fixins'; cilantro, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, and a squeeze of lime.