- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 3 cups pasta sauce, divided
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 oz. shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/4 cup finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1.5 oz croutons, partially crushed
- 1 large handful spinach, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta shells according to package instructions. Drain and rinse shells and allow them to cool before handling.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Spread ½ cup of the pasta sauce across the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta with 1 ounce of the Parmesan, 1 ounce of the Mozzarella, the Italian seasoning, spinach (optional), and a sprinkling of salt. Stir together until well combined. Add the chopped chicken and 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce to the cheese mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- When the pasta shells are cool enough to handle, use a spoon to stuff them full of the chicken/cheese filling. Lay the stuffed shells in a single layer in the prepared casserole dish, open side facing up. Pour the remainder of the pasta sauce over the top of the stuffed shells and spread it around to coat evenly. Sprinkle the remaining ounce of shredded Parmesan and the remaining 2 ounces of shredded Mozzarella over the top of the dish and follow with the crushed croutons. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.