- 4 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch cubes (I used 2 regular-sized chicken breasts.)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- For the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I used three.)
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli. Blanch the broccoli for 5 minutes, then immediately transfer the broccoli to an ice bath (a large bowl of water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides with vegetable oil over medium high heat. (I added a pinch of salt and pepper to the chicken once I placed chicken on skillet.) Add the broccoli (excess water drained well) then turn the heat down to medium. Gently pour in the sauce and let thicken, about 5 minutes. Gently toss the ingredients in the sauce until everything is coated well.
- Serve over rice.