Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cheesy Cauliflower Bake

I'm not exactly sure what I have to do to convince you to make this, so first, see how easy it is to make, 
and then...just take my word for it.  omg.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 medium size heads of cauliflower or 2 bags of frozen cauliflower florets
  • 1 - 8oz. block of cream cheese
  • ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
  • 1¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese 
  • 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
  • chopped green onions
  • salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a stock pot, cook cauliflower in salted water until fork tender.
  2. Cook bacon until crispy, drain on paper towels, let cool, and chop into small pieces.  
  3. Drain water from cauliflower and return to pot.
  4. Add cream cheese and butter and beat with hand mixer until creamy.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Here's where I had to add a step.  After using the hand mixer, it was still "chunky."  I wanted a super smooth consistency, so I threw the mixture into my Vitamix.  Omg, what a world of a difference.  Do it!!
  5. Pour into a baking dish.
  6. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and bacon.
  7. Bake in oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

*www.simpleasthatblog.com

Notes:
Next time I make this (which will probably be tomorrow), I'm going to roast a small head of garlic while my cauliflower is cooking and add that to the blender too.  Yum.  (To roast a head of garlic, simply slice the top off of an entire head, place the head (cut side up) in a small piece of foil, and drizzle top with olive oil.  Loosely close the foil over the head, and place on baking sheet in oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  Allow garlic to cool.  To retrieve the roasted garlic, turn upside down and squeeze the head from the base.  Garlic cloves will just fall right out!)