Monday, August 26, 2013

Loaded Zucchini-Carrot Muffins

I'm not a huge fan of zucchini on its own, so any chance I get to combine it with healthy, yummy ingredients to cover the taste and texture, I jump at the opportunity!  Enjoy!


Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup grated carrot
1 whole egg
2.5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, combine the grated zucchini, carrot, one egg, and butter.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Lastly, add in the chopped pecans and dried cherries. Stir and divide among the muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving.
*Slightly adapted from www.simplyscratch.com