Easy peasy!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 cup buttermilk (I used fat free.)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 cups panko bread crumbs (I would only use 1 1/2.)
1/2 cup regular seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (I added more salt....probably 1 teaspoon total.)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
Maple Honey Mustard Ingredients:
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons honey
*FYI...I like spicy, but this honey mustard was too spicy for me. Next time, I would do half reg mustard, half dijon.
*FYI...I like spicy, but this honey mustard was too spicy for me. Next time, I would do half reg mustard, half dijon.
Directions for Chicken Tenders:
In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, maple syrup, mustard and garlic. Add chicken to a baking dish and pour buttermilk mixture over top to coat. Let soak for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine panko, bread crumbs, flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper, and ground mustard.
Remove each chicken tender from the buttermilk (before I dipped in breadcrumb mixture, I sprinkled each individual tender with a light amount of salt) and dip in breadcrumbs, gently pressing to adhere. Place on the wire rack. Spray each with a mist of olive oil or nonstick spray. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, gently flip and mist with spray, then bake for 10-12 minutes more.
Directions for Maple Honey Mustard:
Whisk ingredients together and serve.
*www.howsweeteats.com
