Monday, November 7, 2022

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 pound ground chicken

1/2 cup grated parmesan

1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs

1 egg

1 garlic clove, minced (I used one frozen Dorot cube.)

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

8 ounces fresh mozzarella ciliegine (mozzarella balls)

1 jar of your favorite marinara


Directions:

1. Mix your ground chicken, parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper(s) together.

2. Separate your mixture into even "ball" piles...[I love this scoop(8-10 meatballs depending on size), and stuff one mozzarella ball into the center of each meatball.  Roll meatball into a nice round shape, making sure that the mozzarella is secure inside.

3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and brown meatballs on all sides.  Transfer into a baking dish (I used an 8 x 8 dish) and pour marinara on top.  (I used 3/4 of the jar.)

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

5. Top with fresh basil, additional marinara, + more parmesan if desired.  I served them as meatball subs in those cute, little French rolls from Trader Joes.  They're the perfect size and hold a single meatball and sauce perfectly!


*Adapted from www.kaleforniakravings.com