Sunday, May 17, 2015

Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Pork Loin

(The original recipe is posted, however I halved this recipe.  See my cooking time modifications.)
Ingredients:
  • 4 pound pork loin
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
  2. In a bowl, stir to combine garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt, lemon zest, and pepper.
  3. Evenly spread the mixture over the pork loin (fat side up) and place in a large baking dish or roasting pan. (I made 5-6 small slits on the top so the rub would sink into the pork while cooking.)
  4. Place it in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. (I roasted for 15 minutes.)  Reduce heat to 425°F and continue to roast for 1 hour (I continued to cook for 30-35 minutes) until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 155°F. 
  5. Allow to rest on a carving board for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
*www.insockmonkeyslippers.com