Thursday, August 4, 2011

Roasted Yams



Yummmmmmm!! So, I bought my first jar of truffle salt and substituted the regular salt in this recipe for truffle salt. Worth the money! I also thought the cooking time was a bit long, but this may have been because my yams were MINI (and sliced), so check yams after about 20 minutes to see if they are fork-tender, then remove.

*www.allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 1 large yam, peeled and cut into cubes, like potatoes.
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or shallow baking dish with aluminum foil.
  2. Arrange yams in the prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle olive oil over them as evenly as possible. (I just tossed them in a Ziploc with the oil, shook the bag, then placed them on baking sheet. No mess!)
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until yams are tender and have begun to wrinkle around the edges, about 30 minutes.