Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs, bone-in + skin on (I used more chicken, around 2-2.25 pounds. This was 5 thighs instead of 4.)
2 pounds baby potatoes, halved (I used 1-1.5 pounds.)
4-5 lemons (1-2 necessary and the other 2-3 optional. I'll explain below.)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (I used 1 tablespoon dried.)
3 cloves of garlic, minced (or frozen Dorot cubes)
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
arugula, for serving
Directions:
*If you'd like to make this ahead of time, I prepped the entire recipe (up to step 5), and refrigerated until close to bake time. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before baking to allow to get to room temp.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl/jar, whisk together olive oil, zest of one lemon, 1/4 cup of lemon juice (1-2 lemons), rosemary, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add your chicken (skin side up) to a 9 x 13 baking dish and scatter your halved potatoes around.
- Pour the olive oil/lemon mixture over the top and rub into the chicken and potatoes, ensuring that it is evenly incorporated.
- IF DESIRED (for an even more lemony flavor), wedge up to two lemons, AKA four lemon halves into the dish. (The chicken and potatoes will already have a lemon-flavor from the lemon-oil mixture, but to elevate, add the additional lemons (anywhere from 2-4 halves) as suggested. It is also fine to completely leave them out!)
- (Before baking, I added a few pinches of additional salt to the potatoes.) Bake for one hour, then broil for 3-5 minutes until the chicken skin is a deep, golden brown.
- (Check potato salt levels, and if needed, add another pinch or two of salt.) Serve the chicken, potatoes, a wedge of lemon, and plenty of juices from the pan over a bed of arugula.
*www.oliviaadriance.com
