Sunday, April 30, 2023

Cranberry Jalapeño Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
  • 2/3 cup celery, finely chopped (I use about 2 stalks.)
  • 1.5 (or one large) jalapeños, finely diced
  • 2/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped (or I just buy small-sized cranberries)
  • 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
  • 4 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mayo (I like Chosen Foods Classic Mayo.) 
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions:

  1. Shred the rotisserie chicken. 
  2. In a container you plan to seal your chicken salad into, combine shredded chicken and finely diced cranberries, jalapeño, and celery. 
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayo, dijon, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and dill. Stir to combine. 
  4. Pour wet mixture onto chicken to coat. 
  5. Adjust seasonings as needed.  I like to add a generous pinch of pepper!
  6. Top it on toast to make an open-faced sandwich, wrap into a tortilla, or scoop with your favorite crackers!

*www.onebalancedlife.com