Sunday, April 16, 2017

5 Ingredient Frozen Sorbet Slice

Crowd pleaser!  Easy to make! Light + refreshing dessert!

Ingredients:
  • 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fruit Cherry Berry Blend (Original recipe used Dole brand.  I couldn't find, so I used Trader Joe's Cherry Berry Blend.  Trader Joe's is a 16 oz. bag, so I didn't use the entire bag.
  • 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 pints mango sorbet (Also found this at Trader Joes.  I
  • 1/2 of 1 full container vanilla bean ice cream (48 ounces total in the container; use 24 ounces)
  • Optional: 2 teaspoons coconut extract 

Directions:
  1. Line a bread pan with parchment paper. (Foil will work, but parchment is a lot better.)
  2. Set out the frozen berries, sorbet, and white ice cream at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. (If your home is warm, less time)
  3. In a food processor or blender, (mini food processor works perfectly!) blend the entire bag of berries, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and coconut extract (optional). Blend until completely smooth. 
  4. Spoon small spoonfuls of the mango sorbet and vanilla bean ice cream into the bread pan in a decorative manner. Fill the empty spaces with the berry puree. Smooth and press down on the ice cream/sorbet to avoid any empty spaces.
  5. Fill up the entire bread pan using up all of the sorbet, ice cream, and puree.
  6. Cover tightly and freeze overnight or at least 8 hours. *I also put my serving platter in the freezer to chill.  This way, when ready to serve, the ice cream will stay cold!
  7. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and flip over onto a large plate. Slice to serve.
  8. Serve immediately and quickly return any leftovers to the freezer.

Click here to watch the step-by-step video if you need a visual!

*www.chelseasmessyapron.com